Do you feel bored traveling by plane? This is very reasonable because air transport is a common type of transportation that used when wanting to visit a particular region or country. However, if you are domiciled in the United States or are in the country, then you can use another way of traveling by land. Therefore in this article will explain the things that you need to prepare before travel to Canada from US.
For those of you, United States citizens who want to travel overland by crossing the border, then you do not need to show a passport or make a new passport for those who do not have it. You only need to bring official letters as proof that you are an official citizen of the United States. The letters that you must indicate to the border officer are birth certificate, certificate of citizenship or naturalization and photo identification. However, when you will re-enter the United States, you must show the passport card. For those of you United States citizens who will do business or education travel to Canada and more than 180 days, then you are still required to apply for visa in the immigration department and show your passport to the border officer.
Travel to Canada Across the Border
When all the documents are complete and available, then you can directly travel overland to Canada by crossing the border. Here are some of the steps you need to go through:
- Before leaving, tidy up your documents on a similar file consisting of permanent resident United States cards, passport cards, birth certificates and passports for those of you who are not citizens of the United States.
- Book your bus ticket through a travel agent that has good and reliable credibility. In general, most buses will depart from the cities that located on the coast of the United States such as Seattle, Boston and Albanny.
- Once you reach the border, you will get a statement card. Then you will be asked to itemize your luggage both in writing and oral. In this case, Canadian state regulations prohibit you for carrying alcohol, tobacco and firearms. Then after all of the procedures above are completed, then the officer will proceed to the next stage by checking the completeness of your documents. The entire procedure above usually takes more than 1 hour due to the number of people who choose to travel overland across the border.
Tourist Destination in Canada
Once you go through a fairly tedious travel process, visiting the various tourist attractions in Canada is something that you must do. Here are some cities in Canada that have good tourist destinations:
- Vancouver is the largest city in the province of British Columbia. In Vancouver, you can enjoy the largest city park in North America, named Stanley Park which has an area of about 405 hectares.
- Toronto is the capital of the province of Ontario which became the largest city in Canada. Some of the attractions that you can visit in this city are Royal Ontario Museum, Yorkville, Greek town and others.
- Quebec City is the capital of the province of Quebec and the oldest city in North America. The most famous area of this city is Old Quebec or Vieux-Quebec surrounded by fortresses and walls, and have been entered into the list of UNESCO World Heritage Site. So from this article, hopefully you get useful information especially about the procedure of travel to Canada from US.